Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting it together with Give500

My good friend Emily has created a challenge for herself to give 500 things before Christmas.  She has encouraged anyone and everyone to join in. Check out her idea on her blog.  I am happy to jump in on this one because it means a little more getting it together.  (We'll talk more about 'getting it together' another time.)

I got a head start on my 500 things last week when I gave away 57 jars of baby food and three boxes of infant rice cereal.  I am a participant of the WIC program and if you are nursing your baby you get a ridiculous amount of baby food.  We chose to do Baby Led Weaning and skipped purees and cereal when J was learning to eat.  So I have had litereally hundreds of baby food jars sitting in my pantry.

It felt really good to be able to give what was going to waste (some were about to expire) to someone who needed it. I have so many other things, including more than 100 items of baby clothing, to give.  I just need to find the time to sort it all out.

Feeling inspred?  Jump in and link up!


#Give500 Challenge at Joyful Abode
Join in the challenge to #Give500 things away!

No comments:

Post a Comment